Part-time Circulation Assistant Position
CLOSING DATE: 5 PM on February 8, 2013
Position Part-time Circulation Assistant I, 21 hours per week
Hours Monday 12-8 PM, Tuesday 2-5 PM, Wednesday 9-5 PM, Friday 1-5 PM, Saturday Rotation 9-5 PM
Salary $14.42 per hour, enrollment in MD State Retirement System, no other benefits
Location Leonardtown Library
Nature of Work
- Must be able to work the above hours specified.
- Provide Circulation Services to customers of all ages.
- Process interlibrary loan materials.
- Assist with information services for all ages.
- Assist with collection maintenance.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in customer service
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent math and language skills
- Ability to learn the principles and practices of Circulation Department
- Ability to learn the information technology resources
- Good physical strength and stamina: Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking of 90%+ of the time.
How to Apply
Applications and a Job Description for Circulation Clerk can be obtained by visiting any of the library branches or on the web at www.stmalib.org. Completed application must be submitted, in person, at the Leonardtown Library, 23250 Hollywood Rd, Leonardtown, MD 20650.
Applicant must be prepared to spend some time at the library, answering a set of questions on a library computer. Complete application packet must be submitted by 5 PM on February 8, 2013.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.