Summer Reading Volunteers
Middle and high school students (those entering 6th grade and up this fall) may apply to volunteer as Summer Reading Program volunteers. Parental consent is required for teens under 16.
Please complete the application below and submit by May 27, 2015. If you are selected to be a volunteer, you will need to attend a one-hour training session at your branch.
By submitting this volunteer application, I agree to the following:
- I will volunteer my services at the St. Mary’s County Library from June 22 – August 15, 2015.
- I understand that volunteering requires a time commitment, and I will work the agreed hours as scheduled. If I must miss my scheduled volunteer times, I will call to cancel.
- I understand that this volunteer assignment is not to be considered employment by the library, that no wages will be paid, and that the library is not to be held responsible in the case of any accident or injury resulting from the volunteer duties.
- I understand that not all applicants will be selected to volunteer. Selection is based on the needs of the library.
- If selected as a volunteer, I will attend one of the volunteer trainings held at the library where I will be volunteering. Training dates will be emailed to those selected to volunteer.