Part-time Library Page Position at Lexington Park Library
Closing Date: February 15, 2013 at 5PM
POSITION: Part-time Library Page, 12 hours per week
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
START DATE: March 5, 2013
SALARY: $8.13 per hour , No other benefits
Nature of Work
- Sort and shelve library materials.
- Maintain order of collection.
- May retrieve materials for staff and customers.
- Knowledge of alphabetical order and decimal system order
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions and simple written instructions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and apply established procedures in shelving of materials
- Good physical strength and stamina: Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking of 75%+ of the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications and a Job Description for Library Page can be obtained by visiting the Lexington Park Library. Completed application must be submitted to the Lexington Park Library 21677 FDR Blvd., Lexington Park, MD 20653 no later than 5PM on Friday – February 15, 2013. FAX: 301-863-2550
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.