Part-time Library Page Position at Lexington Park Library
Closing Date: June 10, 2015 at 4 PM
POSITION: Part-time Library Page, 12 hours per week
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
START DATE: June 18, 2015
SALARY: $8.13 per hour, No other benefits
Nature of Work
- Sort and shelve library materials.
- Maintain order of collection.
- May retrieve materials for staff and customers.
- Knowledge of alphabetical order and decimal system order
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions and simple written instructions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and apply established procedures in shelving of materials
- Good physical strength and stamina: Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking of 75%+ of the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications and a Job Description for Library Page can be obtained by visiting the Lexington Park Library. Completed application must be submitted to the Lexington Park Library 21677 FDR Blvd., Lexington Park, MD 20653 no later than 4 PM on Wednesday, June 10, 2015. FAX: 301-863-2550
Applicant must be prepared to spend some time at the library, answering a set of questions. Complete application packet must be submitted by 4 PM on June 10, 2015.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.