The public library systems in Southern Maryland will introduce a new catalog May 15 adding new features for you and providing much-needed improvements to the staff side of the catalog. During the transition, some services related to the catalog will be interrupted.
May 9-14 these services are affected:
- The catalog will not be accessible. The old catalog will go offline on May 9 and the new one goes live May 15.
- Your account will not be accessible to you or to staff.
- You MUST present your library card to check out items.
- Fines will not accrue during this period.
- No items will be due May 9-19.
- All items to be renewed must be brought to the library.
- No phone/online renewals possible.
- Holds cannot be placed May 7-14. This includes Marina, our state-wide interlibrary loan. There will be no change in your pending requests and your place on the hold list.
- Items will not be delivered between libraries. If a book is available at another branch, you will have to check it out at that branch.
- LearningExpress will not be accessible. This is the only database that will be affected.
- A guest pass will need to be obtained to use the computers.
We need YOUR HELP May 9-14:
- You MUST present your library card to check out items. Staff will not be able to look up your card number.
- Please return items before May 9 or after May 14.
- Bring items to be renewed along with your library card to the library.
- If you use the Reading List option on your account, save those lists now. They will not transfer and will be lost unless you save them. You can email then to yourself or print them off. Staff can help you with this.
Services not affected:
- Our online resources except for LearningExpress.
- Downloadable books, audio books, and magazines
- Customer service
All three libraries will be closed on May 15.
Thank you for your patience.