Southern Maryland JobSource Mobile Career Center (MCC):
Job seekers can stop by the MCC to get job counseling and resume help, search for jobs, and get connected with Southern Maryland JobSource. The Coordinator will help register job seekers with Maryland Workforce Exchange. The MCC schedule:
Charlotte Hall 1st Thursday 9 am – 1 pm
Leonardtown 2nd Tuesday 1-4 pm
Lexington Park 3rd Wednesday 9 am – 1 pm
Please note that the MCC visit may be cancelled in the event of inclement weather. Contact 240-925-4806 to check the status.
Our Job Search Center Provides
- Free job search information
- Three convenient locations
- Convenient hours of operation
- Well-trained & helpful staff
- Public computers with high-speed Internet, fax, copier
- Free classes and seminars
- On-line tutoring, testing and exam preparation
Job Search Websites
- Government Jobs – Southern MD online contains MD state jobs, Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s County jobs, Charles County Public Schools, College of Southern MD, Indian Head (IHDIV, NSWC) NAVAIR, St. Mary’s County Recreation and parks, and USA Jobs
- Southern Maryland Classifieds – a local website that targets the tri-county area
- The St. Mary’s County Technology Handbook – lists more than 200 technology firms and dozens of supporting organizations
- Federal jobs nationwide
- Department of the Navy Civilian Human Resources
- Department of the Navy Acquisition Intern Program
- St. Mary’s College Human Resources
- St. Mary’s County Public Schools Human Resources
- St. Mary’s County Public Schools – Adult basic education; GED instruction and classes for adults for adult English Language Learners.
- College Entrance Exams
- College Information
- Scholarship/Financial Aid Information
- St. Mary’s County Library – See the “Scholarships- Fellowships and Loans” database under the “Education” heading.
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
- St. Mary’s County Business, Education, and Community Alliance, Inc. – Apply for numerous local scholarships with just one application.
- Financial Aid
- Student Aid
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- College Board
- College Answer
- Eastern Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators: Students & Families
- Super College
- Annual College Fair- Held every September at the Hollywood Fire Department, this event provides information on colleges throughout the US, as well as scholarship information.
Your pathway to career success. Tools to help job seekers, students, businesses, and career professionals. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- O*NET OnLine
Detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
- mySkills myFuture
Choose a job you’ve had and explore careers requiring similar skills.
- My Next Move
Find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or through the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on your interests and level of work experience.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Information about hundreds of different types of jobs and careers.
- Career Path- Career Tests
A variety of career tests is offered to provide you with a customized tool, depending on where you are on your career path, and what area of your career you are looking to learn more about.
- Wall Street Journal- Career Journal
Daily updates of critical news, features and trends that are relevant to the job market.
- The Riley Guide
A collection of online sites and services to help with your job search.
Find information on millions of job titles and companies, research salaries, search local job listings, and more.
- Job Hunter’s Bible
Companion site to the “What Color is Your Parachute?” books. Find information on job hunting online, writing resumes, and finding the career that’s right for you.
Maryland One Stop Career Center- Southern Maryland Job Source
This local government office is for all your employment needs providing free access to copiers, faxes, phones, computers, videos, books, workshops, and resume writing assistance for job search needs.
Room 1037, 23110 Leonard Hall Drive
P. O. Box 282
Leonardtown, MD 20650
Maryland Workforce Exchange
Enables you to create and maintain your resume, search current job openings, and benefit from other career resources.
St. Mary’s County Literacy Council
Volunteers help adults with reading, comprehension, writing, and basic math skills. They also work with foreign-born students who need to learn English as a second language.
Located in the Lexington Park Library, 21677 FDR Blvd, Lexington Park, MD 20653
Cover technology topics, ie. computer basics, email, Microsoft Office, etc.