Two Part Time Positions Available at the Lexington Park
Closing Date: Friday, March 22, 2013, 5 pm
POSITION: Public Technology Associate
LOCATION: Lexington Park
HOURS: 15 hours per week. Weekdays, evenings, and Saturdays.
SALARY: $10.48 per hour, no benefits
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both public and staff.
- Good computer and software skills.
- Ability to teach others how to use technology.
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, and navigation of the Internet.
- Ability to follow directions, responsive to changes, able to work as a member of a team.
- Good physical strength and stamina. Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking 90%+ of the time.
- Troubleshoots computer hardware and software
- Performs routine computer maintenance.
- Assists customers of all ages with the technology available in the library: computers, printers, copiers, faxes, self-checkout machine, etc.
- Assists customers of all ages with the basic features of computer software programs and using online resources.
HOW TO APPLY:
A Job Description and Application can be obtained at any of the library branches or at www.stmalib.org.
Completed application must be submitted, no later than Friday, March 22, 2013 by 5 pm to the Lexington Park Library, 21677 FDR Blvd., Lexington Park, MD 20653 or FAX: 301-863-2550.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
U.S. Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in the U.S.