Part-time Position Available at Lexington Park - Security Associate
CLOSING DATE: 4/19/14
Position Part-time Security Associate, 18 hours per week
Hours Monday and Tuesday 9 am – 1 pm and Friday and Saturday 12 – 5 pm
Salary $10.48 per hour, no benefits
Location LexingtonPark Library
Nature of Work
- Monitors customer behavior and enforces library rules
- Assists staff in situations relating to safety and security.
- Conducts inside and outside patrol checks on a regular basis
- Locks and secures building at closing.
- Must be able to work nights, Saturdays and possibly Sundays.
- High School diploma or GED
- Security experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn library rules and complete security incident reports
- Good physical strength and stamina. Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking 90%+ of the time.
How to Apply
Applications and a Job Description can be obtained by visiting any of the library branches by clicking here .
Completed application must be submitted in person at the Lexington Park Library, 21677 FDR Blvd, Lexington Park, MD 20653.
Applications will be accepted ONLY at the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, April 8, 1-4
- Friday, April 11, 1-4
- Tuesday, April 15, 5-7
- Thursday, April 17, 10-1
- Saturday, April 19, 9-1
When you present your application you will meet for approximately 5 minutes with a library manager.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. U.S. Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.