Part-time Security Associate Position
Closed on Friday, May 17, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Positions Part-time Security Associate, 28 hours per week
Hours Weekdays, Nights, Saturdays. Possibly Sundays in the future
Salary $10.48 per hour
Location Lexington Park Library
Nature of Work
- Monitors customer behavior and enforces library rules
- Assists staff in situations relating to safety and security.
- Conducts inside and outside patrol checks on a regular basis
- Locks and secures building at closing.
- Must be able to work nights, Saturdays and possibly Sundays.
- High School diploma or GED
- Security experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn library rules and complete security incident reports
- Good physical strength and stamina. Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking 90%+ of the time.
How to Apply
Applications and a Job Description can be obtained by visiting any of the library branches or by clicking here . Completed application must be submitted in person at the Lexington Park Library, 21677 FDR Blvd, Lexington Park, MD 20653.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. U.S. Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.