Summer Intern Position Available
Opportunity for Young Adults interested in careers involving Early Childhood and Early Literacy.
Closing Date: May 23, 2014
POSITION: Children’s Room Assistant; 21 hours per week for 8 weeks
LOCATION: Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown and Lexington Park Branches
START DATE: June 17, 2014
SALARY: $9 per hour - This position is funded by the Lindsey Paul Rudolph Donation Fund
SCHEDULE: Weekdays, some evenings and Saturdays
Nature of Work
- Work with young children in the library and during programs
- Assist librarians during story-times and programs
- Develop early literacy activities and hand-outs
- May retrieve materials for staff and customers.
- Ability to work with young children
- 16 years or older, with an interest in careers that involve Early Childhood and Early Literacy.
- Knowledge of alphabetical order and decimal system order
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions and simple written instructions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good physical strength and stamina.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications and a Job Description can be obtained by visiting any of the library branches or by clicking here. Completed application must be submitted in person at the Lexington Park Library, 21677 FDR Blvd., Lexington Park, MD.
Applications will be accepted ONLY at the following dates and times:
- May 12, 2-4pm;
- May 17, 9-5;
- May 21, 3-7pm;
- May 23, 2-4pm.
When you present your application you will meet for approximately 5 minutes with a Supervisor for a brief interview.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S