Join us for Winter Reading 2021!
From January 1-31, 2021, log books to be entered to win an Amazon gift card, and help us reach our goal of 2,500 books read in January!
When you log your first book, you’ll be entered into the prize drawing. Keep reading to help us reach our goal!
Use Beanstack to Register and Log your Books
- Download ‘Beanstack Tracker’ from your device’s app store, or visit https://stmalib.beanstack.org. If you’re using the Beanstack app, search for St. Mary’s County Library.
- If you have used Beanstack for summer reading or another library program, enter your username/email and password. If you do not already have an account, you’ll need to create one.
- After entering your information to create the account, complete the reader profile. If you are an adult registering a child, enter your information first (you can participate in our winter and summer reading programs!)
- If you’d like to sign up one or more additional readers, select “Add Another Reader” and enter your child’s information
- For children not yet in school, select ‘None (or prefer not to say)’
- To log books you have read:
- In the Beanstack App:
- Tap the plus sign in the menu at the bottom of the screen, then tap Reading
- Choose the reader or readers
- Choose your logging method. You can ‘Scan Title ISBN’ (barcode on the BACK of the book), ‘Search for a Title’, or ‘Manually Enter Title Info.’ For Winter Reading, only log completed books, not days, minutes, pages.
- Deselect the ‘Track Progress?’ button and tap ‘Save’
- Select ‘Quick Log as Complete’
- On the Beanstack website:
- Make sure you are logging for the correct reader (the name is in the top right)
- Click ‘Log Reading and Activities’ in the upper left
- Select ‘Books,’ then select the date and input the title and author before clicking ‘Save’