Summer Reading 2021: Tails & Tales
Welcome to Summer Reading 2021! Summer Reading runs June 19 – August 14, 2021. Complete activities all summer long to earn badges. After earning your first badge, you get a free t-shirt, plus, drop a ticket in the prize drawing of your choice. Earn the next three badges for one additional ticket each! Grand prize drawings take place after the end of Summer Reading in August. Download the Beanstack Tracker app for Android or iOS, or visit https://stmalib.beanstack.org to get started!
Use Beanstack to Register and Earn Activity Badges
- Download ‘Beanstack Tracker’ from your device’s app store, or visit https://stmalib.beanstack.org. If you’re using the Beanstack app, search for St. Mary’s County Library.
- If you have used Beanstack for summer reading or another library program, enter your username/email and password. If you do not already have an account, you’ll need to create one.
- After entering your information to create the account, complete the reader profile. If you are an adult registering a child, enter your information first (Summer Reading is for you too!)
- If you’d like to sign up one or more additional readers, select “Add Another Reader” and enter your child’s information
- For children not yet in school, select ‘None (or prefer not to say)’
- To participate in Summer Reading 2021 via Beanstack:
- Register for Tails & Tales
- You’ve received a registration badge!
- Click Activity Badges to see activities you need to complete to earn a badge
- Complete and check off 5 activities to earn a badge!
- Your first badge earns you a Summer Reading T-Shirt (pick up at any of our Library locations, while supplies last)!
- Each badge also earns you a virtual ticket that you can enter into one of four raffle options. When you earn a badge, go to the Drawings section to select where you want to place your ticket (To find Drawings in the app, tap the Tails & Tales banner).
Can’t Use Beanstack?
Download a list of all the activities . Each time you complete 5 challenges (up to four times), visit or give us a call and let us know! We’ll enter your information on our end and enter you into the ticket drawings!
Kick Off Summer Reading with Mr. Jon and Friends!
Register for the Mr. Jon concert on Friday, June 25, 10:30 a.m. at Lexington Park Baptist Church (46855 S Shangri-La Dr, Lexington Park, MD 20653).
Register for the Mr. Jon concert on Friday, June 25, 2 p.m. at Mt. Zion United Methodist Church (27108 Mt Zion Church Rd, Mechanicsville, MD 20659).
Register for the Mr. Jon concert on Saturday, June 26, 10:30 a.m. at Leonardtown Library (23630 Hayden Farm Ln, Leonardtown, MD 20650).
Register for the Mr. Jon concert on Saturday, June 26, 2 p.m. at Leonardtown Library (23630 Hayden Farm Ln, Leonardtown, MD 20650).
Taiko: The Art of Japanese Drumming with Mark H Rooney
Register for the Taiko event on Thursday, July 15, 10:30 a.m. at Mt. Zion United Methodist Church (27108 Mt Zion Church Rd, Mechanicsville, MD 20659).
Register for the Taiko event on Thursday, July 15, 2 p.m. at Leonardtown Library (23630 Hayden Farm Ln, Leonardtown, MD 20650).
More to Explore
June 5 – September 5, 2021
The “More To Explore” Program encourages all community members to get outside and explore the amazing parks, historic sites, and farmers’ markets that St. Mary’s County has to offer! When you visit a site listed in the challenge, look around for a green “More to Explore” marker. Near each marker you will find a “secret code” (hint: it’s usually a fitness word). Enter the secret code on Beanstack to log your visit. When you’ve visited at least 12 sites between June 5 and September 5, 2021, you’ll be entered into a grand prize drawing!