Job closes March 31, 2017 at 4 PM
POSITION: Assistant Branch Manager, Circulation, Full-time 35.5 hours a week
LOCATION: Charlotte Hall Library
HOURS: Weekdays, evenings, Saturday rotation
SALARY: Grade 5, starting at $47,476, with full benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years or more of related experience in a responsible position.
- Thorough knowledge of St. Mary's County Library policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of library practices and procedures, including the standard library automation system.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of circulation department.
- Knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and database information retrieval.
- Ability to act as a representative of the Library to the public.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, current audio-visual equipment and office machines.
- Ability to supervise, train, and evaluate others.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, analytical, and creative skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Member of the branch management team
- Supervises the activities of circulation department
- Plans, implements, and evaluates circulation services within the branch
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates circulation staff and participates in hiring decisions
- Assists the public in the use of library resources, including computer catalog, indexes, search systems, and the Internet
- Negotiates and resolves difficult customer transactions
- Receives and controls cash receipts and reconciles cash drawer
- This position requires some evenings and weekends depending upon the scheduling needs of the branch and community or professional meetings.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications, resumes, and cover letters should be submitted in writing to the Charlotte Hall Branch Manager, St. Mary’s County Library, 37600 New Market Rd. Charlotte Hall, MD 20622. FAX: 301-884-2113. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(MS Word and PDF attachments only.) Application packets must be received by 4 p.m. on March 31st.
Note: If you are using an in-browser PDF viewer, you will need to either download the Employment Application to your computer and use Adobe Acrobat Reader to fill it out, or fill it out in the browser and use the Print to PDF function.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.