Job closes May 5, 2017 at 5 PM
POSITION: Branch Manager I, Full-time 35.5 hours a week
LOCATION: Charlotte Hall Library
HOURS: Weekdays, evenings, Saturday rotation
SALARY: Grade 9, starting at $54,845, with full benefits
START DATE: June 12, 2017
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association or completion within two years.
- Five (5) years or more of related experience in a responsible position.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of library operations, and the ability to interpret them to staff and the public.
- Knowledge on how to effectively supervise, train and evaluate others.
- Ability to gain advanced knowledge of St. Mary's County Library policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, employees, library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials and staff members, community leaders and citizens.
- Commitment to continuing education and continuous improvement in professional skills and performance.
- Excellent management, customer service, interpersonal, communication, planning, analytical, and creative skills.
- Under the direction of the deputy director and as a member of the administrative team, directs and coordinates operations and activities of a branch, including personnel
- Plans, implements, and evaluates all library services within a branch
- Manages library collections, branch budget allocations, and cash collection
- Supervises the daily operations of the branch
- Hires, supervises and develops staff
- Assists customers; negotiates and resolves difficult customer transactions
- Serves on administrative team
- Requests and coordinates facility maintenance needs with appropriate county departments
- Collects and analyzes statistics
- Plans, directs, or carries out library promotion and outreach activities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications, resumes, and cover letters should be submitted in writing to Mary Anne Bowman, Deputy Director, St. Mary’s County Library, 23250 Hollywood Rd., Leonardtown, MD 20650, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
, fax: 301-884-4415 (MS Word and PDF attachments only.) All application packets must be received by 5 p.m. on May 5, 2017.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.