Want a “behind the desk” experience? We’re offering an opportunity for aspiring librarians to learn more about what we do and earn an honorary MLS (Mini Library Science) certificate. These half hour sessions take place at the Charlotte Hall Library and are by appointment only. We are able to offer the sessions for children of any age, from toddlers to teenagers, and the sessions will be customized based on age and interest of the participants. Small groups welcome!
What does the experience include?
- Get an in depth tour of the library, including trips to staff-only sections of the building, like the book drop, and meet-and-greets with library staff and managers/administrators.
- Question and answer session with their designated librarian.
- A personalized, one-on-one storytime, if age appropriate.
- Brief tutorials in reference, database use, shelf reading, or other library tasks/duties, if age appropriate.
- Time behind the desk, “shadowing” library staff.
- An “Honorary MLS” certificate to take home and treasure for always.
Interested in a Mini MLS? Contact Tess Goldwasser at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 301-884-2211 x3 to schedule your session.