Technology Resources at the St. Mary’s County Libraries
- Public PCs running Windows 7 with a variety of browsers and software, including Microsoft Office 2013. Lexington Park has one MacBook Pro available. All public computers shut down 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Free Wi-Fi available during open hours. Wi-Fi turns off 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Laptops – available for checkout for in-library use at each branch
- Black and White and Color Laser Printers, Fax Machine, and Copier – see below for print/copy/fax costs
- Zoomtext or Windows Magnifier Software
- In our meeting rooms:
- Audio/Video Teleconferencing at Lexington Park – multiple site capability & HD projection system
- LCD Projectors
- Lexington Park has a computer lab with 12 computers and an instructor laptop. Technology programming for various ages and skill levels are offered year-round at no cost to registrants. When workshops are not in session, the lab is available for public use.
- Charlotte Hall and Leonardtown have Laptop Labs with 6 laptops each. Technology programming for various ages and skill levels are offered year-round at no cost to registrants.
- Black & white copies from copier or computer/printer
- 20¢ per page
- Double Sided–40¢ per double sided copy
- Color copies from copier or computer/printer
- 50¢ per page
- Double Sided–$1.00 per double sided copy
- Mobile Printing Service Send your print job to the library from anywhere
- $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page
- International costs: $3.95 for the first page and $3.45 for each additional page
- Fax machines accept credit cards. If you do not have a credit card, prepaid cards may be purchased at the checkout desk. Prepaid cards are sold in denominations of $1.75, $2.75, $3.75, $4.75, $5.75, $6.75, $10.75 and $18.75. Unused balances will not be refunded, but will remain on the card for future use.