Available Technology at the Library:
- Public PCs running Windows 7 with a variety of browsers and software, including Microsoft Office 2013. All public computers shut down 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Free Wi-Fi available during open hours. Wi-Fi turns off 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Laptops – available for checkout for in-library use at each branch
- Black and White and Color Laser Printers, Fax Machine, and Copier – see below for print/copy/fax costs
- Zoomtext or Windows Magnifier Software
- Each branch has one workstation that provides assistive technology to citizens of Maryland protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). These workstations have electric height-adjustable tables with computers, 27 inch monitors, special keyboards, JAWS® screen reader software, MAGic® screen enlarging software, and an Optelec® CCTV that has Optical Character Reading (OCR) capabilities that will read aloud any print text. Funding for these workstations was provided through a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- In our meeting rooms:
- Audio/Video Teleconferencing at Lexington Park – multiple site capability & HD projection system
- LCD Projectors
- Lexington Park has a computer lab with 12 computers and an instructor laptop. Technology programming for various ages and skill levels are offered year-round at no cost to registrants. When workshops are not in session, the lab is available for public use.
- Charlotte Hall and Leonardtown have Laptop Labs with 6 laptops each. Technology programming for various ages and skill levels are offered year-round at no cost to registrants.
- Black & white copies from copier or computer/printer
- 20¢ per page
- Double Sided–40¢ per double sided copy
- Color copies from copier or computer/printer
- 50¢ per page
- Double Sided–$1.00 per double sided copy
- Mobile Printing Service Send your print job to the library from anywhere
- $1 per page
- $2 per page for international faxes
- Fax machines are self service. After faxing, bring your transmission verification report to the front desk to pay via cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).