Southern Maryland JobSource Mobile Career Center (MCC):
Job seekers can stop by the MCC to get job counseling and resume help, search for jobs, and get connected with Southern Maryland JobSource. The Coordinator will help register job seekers with Maryland Workforce Exchange. The MCC schedule:
- Charlotte Hall 1st Thursday 9 am – 1 pm
- Leonardtown 2nd Tuesday 1-4 pm
- Lexington Park 4th Wednesday 9 am – 1 pm
Please note that the MCC visit may be cancelled in the event of inclement weather. Contact 240-925-4806 to check the status.
Job Search Websites
- Enoch Pratt Free Library’s Job Toolkit – A toolkit for jobseekers that includes information on resume writing, job searching, interviewing, and more.
- Government Jobs – Southern MD online contains MD state jobs, Calvert, Charles and St. Mary’s County jobs, Charles County Public Schools, College of Southern MD, Indian Head (IHDIV, NSWC) NAVAIR, St. Mary’s County Recreation and parks, and USA Jobs
- JobZone – Mid-Atlantic Career Fairs
- Southern Maryland Classifieds – a local website that targets the tri-county area
- The St. Mary’s County Technology Handbook – lists more than 200 technology firms and dozens of supporting organizations
- Federal jobs nationwide
- Department of the Navy civilian jobs
- St. Mary’s County Public Schools Human Resources
- St. Mary’s County Adult Education Program – Classes in adult basic education, English as a second language, and GED Preparation
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- Southern Maryland Higher Education Center
- College of Southern Maryland
- St. Mary’s College of Maryland
- Embry Riddle Aeronautical University
- College Entrance Exams
- General College Information
- Scholarship/Financial Aid Information
- Education Benefits for Veterans – Department of Veterans Affairs
- St. Mary’s County Business, Education, and Community Alliance, Inc. – Apply for numerous local scholarships with just one application.
- Financial Aid
- Student Aid
- College Board
- Eastern Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators: Students & Families
Note: Annual College Fair- Held on the 3rd Tuesday in September at the Hollywood Fire Department, this event provides information on colleges throughout the US, as well as scholarship information.
- CareerOneStop –Your pathway to career success. Tools to help job seekers, students, businesses, and career professionals. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Department of Veterans Affairs– Careers and Employment -Support for veterans in all stages of the job search — from returning to work with a service-connected disability, to getting more training for new job opportunities, to starting or growing a own business.
- O*NET OnLine –Detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
- mySkills myFuture –Choose a job you’ve had and explore careers requiring similar skills.
- My Next Move –Find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or through the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on your interests and level of work experience.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook –Information about hundreds of different types of jobs and careers.
Maryland One Stop Career Center- Southern Maryland Job Source
This local government office is for all your employment needs providing free access to copiers, faxes, phones, computers, videos, books, workshops, and resume writing assistance for job search needs.
Room 1037, 23110 Leonard Hall Drive
P. O. Box 282
Leonardtown, MD 20650
Maryland Workforce Exchange
Enables you to create and maintain your resume, search current job openings, and benefit from other career resources.
St. Mary’s County Literacy Council
Volunteers help adults with reading, comprehension, writing, and basic math skills. They also work with foreign-born students who need to learn English as a second language.
Located in the Lexington Park Library, 21677 FDR Blvd, Lexington Park, MD 20653