The Library offers a 3D printing service. There is no charge for the service, but the Library welcomes cash donations to support the service.
Customers may use the Library’s 3D printing service to create objects which are not:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printer will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
Use of the Library’s 3D printer does not constitute knowledge, or acknowledgment, of any final use of the 3D product, and the Library specifically disclaims any knowledge thereof.
Customers may only request one object to be printed at a time. This is to ensure that all customers have the opportunity to have files printed in a timely manner. Once a print job has been picked up, the customer is welcome to submit another request.
Only the Library’s PLA filament may be used in the 3D printer. Customers may choose one color from a list of available filament colors for their print. Maximum build volume is 25 x 21 x 21 cm. The accepted file format is .stl. File size and maximum length of print time allowed for each customer will be regulated according to demand.
The Library reserves all rights to:
- Prioritize a request due to time or printer capabilities.
- Set a limit to the maximum amount of time a print job may take.
- Use the 3D printing service for programs and activities, making it temporarily unavailable to the public.
- Charge users for print requests.
- Limit the number of print requests.
- Refuse any 3D print request.
Customers will be notified when their finished object is ready for pickup at the selected branch. If after seven days, the object has not been picked up, the object becomes the property of the Library.
Finished objects may have support material attached to them. Support material should be removed carefully. Library staff will not remove support material.
Replacements will not be given if customers are not satisfied with the color, quality, size, or other option within the customer’s control. We will not reprint objects that fail due to design error. Customers should check their design carefully from all sides before submitting. Library staff will reprint any object that fails as a result of printer or filament malfunction. This may add to the production time.
Printed objects may be photographed and displayed on the Library’s website or social media.