The 3D Printing service is currently suspended while the Library is closed due to COVID-19.
If you have an outstanding request, it will not be available until after the Library reopens. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
1. Design a 3D object or download an existing design.
- 3D-printed objects are designed using computer-aided design (CAD) software. We recommend the online app TinkerCad for beginners to learn how to create 3D designs. Other apps like Blender and SketchUp can also be used to create objects.
- You can find designs ready to be printed at Thingiverse, YouMagine, MyMiniFactory, or Prusa Printers.
2. Send us your 3D object file by completing the 3D Print Request Form below. To preview how our printer will handle your build and how long it will take, you can download the Prusa Slicer software here for free.
- We can only accept .stl files.
- Maximum build volume is 25 x 21 x 21 cm.
- Objects should take no longer than 12 hours to print.
- We cannot print items that are:
- Prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
- In violation of another’s intellectual property rights. For example, the printer will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent, or trademark protection.
- Please only submit one file to be printed at a time. This is to ensure that all customers have the opportunity to have files printed in a timely manner. You may combine smaller files into one file as long as all the objects are to be the same color and the total print time is under 12 hours. Once a print job has been picked up, you are welcome to submit another request.
3. We use our Prusa i3 MK3S printer to print your object using PLA filament and contact you when it’s complete (usually within 3-6 business days, possibly longer if we have a lot of requests or we’re using the printer for a Library event).
4. Pick up your finished object at your Library. There is no cost for this service, but a donation of $1-$5 per object would be appreciated to help keep this service running!
To preview how our printer will handle your build and how long it will take, you can download the Prusa Slicer software here for free.
Our 3D printers were made possible through generous support from the Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library.