Print materials (many can be checked out) covering:
- grant seeking
- nonprofit management and board development
- proposal writing
Access from Home During Library Closure
Trying to search for grants from home? During the current library closure, you can access Candid’s Foundation Directory Online Essential from any internet-enabled device.
Online Databases- Free in-house access at Lexington Park Library ONLY!
- Foundation Directory Online Professional
Profiles of 140,000+ foundations, corporate donors and grantmaking public charities, and a million plus recent grants. Links to IRS 990’s, funder portfolios and grantmakers’ websites.
- Grants to Individuals Online
Searchable information on 6500+ foundation and public charity programs that provide support for students, artists, researchers and other grant seeking individuals.
Other websites of interest:
- Candid.org – learn more about the provider of Foundation Directory and Grants to Individuals
- Grants.gov is the source to find and apply for federal grants
- Grantspace.org is a place to access training, tools, and other free Candid resources
- The Enoch Pratt Free Library has an extensive grants collection and trained personnel
- Nonprofit Institute at the College of Southern Maryland -resource for all area nonprofits
*Candid was formed in 2019 when Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces. They connect people who want to change the world with the resources they need to do it. Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, they connect nonprofits, foundations, and individuals to the resources they need to do good, building on 88 years of dedicated experience.