Print materials covering:
- grant seeking
- nonprofit management and board development
- proposal writing
Home Access to Foundation Directory Essential
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Candid has provided the opportunity to search the Foundation Directory Essential from home. You’ll need to register for a day pass to use this resource.
Online Databases- Free in-house access at Leonardtown Library ONLY!
- Foundation Directory Online Professional
Profiles of 235,000+ foundations, corporate donors and grantmaking public charities, and a million plus recent grants. Links to IRS 990’s, funder portfolios and grantmakers’ websites.
- Grants to Individuals Online
Searchable information on 6500+ foundation and public charity programs that provide support for students, artists, researchers and other grant seeking individuals.
Other websites of interest:
- Candid.org – learn more about the provider of Foundation Directory and Grants to Individuals
- Grants.gov is the source to find and apply for federal grants
- Candid Learning is a place to access training, tools, and other free Candid resources
- The Enoch Pratt Free Library has an extensive grants collection and trained personnel
- Nonprofit Institute at the College of Southern Maryland -resource for all area nonprofits
*Candid was formed in 2019 when Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces. They connect people who want to change the world with the resources they need to do it. Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, they connect nonprofits, foundations, and individuals to the resources they need to do good, building on 88 years of dedicated experience.