Your Library…A Great Place to Volunteer!
We are delighted that you are interested in volunteering at your library. Volunteer opportunities exist for both adults and teens. Teens must be 13 years old and older, or in the 8th grade. Parental consent is required for teens under 16. Students needing community service hours are welcome.
We assign your volunteer time around your schedule and the needs of the library. We have volunteers who work a few hours a month, a couple of times a month or every week, depending on their schedules. We appreciate every moment of service you can provide.
Volunteers perform a variety of tasks which are important to the operation of the library. These tasks might include:
- Putting items in order on the shelves and straightening shelves
- Searching for missing/misfiled items on shelves
- Pulling books to send to other libraries
- Cleaning and repairing items
- Making copies, folding brochures, performing light clerical duties
- Preparing materials for children’s programs
- Assisting with programs