St. Mary’s County Library and the Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library are happy to accept donations of the following:
- Materials in good condition
- Textbooks no more than 3 years old
- Audiobooks (CD only)
- Music CDs
- Board games and puzzles
Charlotte Hall and Lexington Park cannot accept large quantities of donations (trunk full or truckload). These can be donated directly to the Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library room at the Leonardtown Library. The room is located in the rear of the building across from the back entrance. Donations are only accepted when the library is open:
- Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Friday-Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
St. Mary’s County Library and the Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library cannot accept the following:
- National Geographic magazines
- Textbooks older than 3 years old
- VHS tapes
- Cassette tapes
- Computer programs
- Books on cassette
- Books damaged by mold, mildew, water, or smoke (including cigarette smoke)
Please consider recycling those items the library cannot accept.