If you’d like to make a monetary donation to the Library, please consider donating to the St. Mary’s County Library Foundation.
The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library is now accepting donations at their location
- Holiday break: The Sorting Room will be CLOSED for both donations and order pick-up Wednesday, December 14 – Monday, January 2.
- Donations must be dropped off in the black bins outside the rear entrance of 23250 Hollywood Rd in Leonardtown (the old Leonardtown Library).
- Donations may be dropped off Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Please do not leave donations outside of these hours.
- Donations cannot be accepted at any of the three Library locations at this time. Please take your donations directly to the Friends!
- Questions? Call (240-561-9828) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the sorting room!
The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library is happy to accept donations of the following:
- Materials in good condition
- Textbooks no more than 3 years old
- Audiobooks (CD only)
- Music CDs
- Board games and puzzles
The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library CANNOT accept the following:
- National Geographic magazines
- Textbooks older than 3 years old
- VHS tapes
- Cassette tapes
- Computer programs
- Books on cassette
- Vinyl records
- Books damaged by mold, mildew, water, or smoke (including cigarette smoke)
Please consider recycling those items that cannot be donated.