If you’d like to make a monetary donation to the Library, please consider donating to the St. Mary’s County Library Foundation.
To donate online, please use the button below to do so via PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to donate. You may pay with a credit or debit card. You may also choose to mail your donation to St. Mary’s County Library Foundation, 23630 Hayden Farm Lane, Leonardtown, MD 20650.
The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library is now accepting donations of items at their location
- Donations must be dropped off in the black bins outside the rear entrance of 23250 Hollywood Rd in Leonardtown (the old Leonardtown Library).
- New Summer 2023 Hours: Donations may be dropped off Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Please do not leave donations outside of these hours.
- Donations cannot be accepted at any of the three Library locations at this time. Please take your donations directly to the Friends!
- Questions? Call (240-561-9828) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) the sorting room!
The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library is happy to accept donations of the following:
- Materials in good condition
- Textbooks no more than 3 years old
- Audiobooks (CD only)
- Music CDs
- Board games and puzzles
The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library CANNOT accept the following:
- National Geographic magazines
- Textbooks older than 3 years old
- VHS tapes
- Cassette tapes
- Computer programs
- Books on cassette
- Vinyl records
- Books damaged by mold, mildew, water, or smoke (including cigarette smoke)
Please consider recycling those items that cannot be donated.