St. Mary’s County Library is pleased to offer curbside pick up at all three Library locations!
- Curbside pickup is available at Charlotte Hall and Lexington Park Libraries, Mondays – Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and at Lexington Park Library, Sundays, 1:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- The drive-thru window at Leonardtown Library is open Mondays – Thursdays, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Fridays – Saturdays, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. You can make an appointment to pick up holds or simply drive up during the open hours.
Here’s how it works:
- Place your items on hold online with your Library card or contact us for help placing holds.
- Wait to be notified that your hold is available. You will be notified via email, phone, or text, depending on your account preferences (you can change your preferences by logging in to My Account). If your held items are not available yet, please do not make an appointment until you receive notification that they are ready for pickup.
- When you are notified that your hold is available schedule a pickup appointment.
- Follow the instructions in your confirmation email when you arrive for your appointment. Please wear a mask and DO NOT hand returns to staff! Returns can be placed in exterior book drops before or after your appointment time.
- Enjoy your items!
Please note: Appointments made for Leonardtown Library are for the NEW Leonardtown Library, located at 23630 Hayden Farm Lane. We are no longer located in the old armory building on Hollywood Road.
Curbside Pickup FAQs
Can I return materials to Library staff during my curbside pickup appointment?
Please do not hand returns to staff during your appointment. Returns may be placed in exterior book drops before or after your appointment.
Can I just get some random DVDs, books, etc.?
Yes! When making your appointment, you can select a grab bag and tell us what you’d like. Be very general for grab bags and stick to a max of 20 items (ex. 10 picture books, 5 adult fiction and 5 DVDs). These grab bag items will be randomly selected the day of your appointment and checked out to you. They will be included with any other items you’ve specifically requested to pick up at your appointment. Take a look and make sure they’re a good fit for your and your family’s reading and viewing choices. Feel free to drop those you are not interested in back in the book return before you leave.
Can I clean my library materials upon receipt or before returning?
Only sanitizing wipes can be used on plastic covers of books and DVD/CD cases. Do not clean with disinfectants as spray can damage covers and pages. Do not put any materials in the microwave oven, as they could catch fire. Do not expose to UV light, place in oven, or leave in car with extreme heat.
Are you taking book donations?
The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library is now accepting donations
Donations must be dropped off in the black bins outside the rear entrance of 23250 Hollywood Rd in Leonardtown (the old Leonardtown Library).
Donations may be dropped off Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays; 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Please do not leave donations outside of these hours.
Donations cannot be accepted at the Library locations at this time.
Questions? Call (240-561-9828) or email the sorting room!
When You Arrive
If you’re picking up at the Leonardtown Library Drive Thru window, please drive, bike, or walk up to the window on the left side of the building.
Charlotte Hall Library and Lexington Park Library
If you’re picking up at Charlotte Hall or Lexington Park, please look for the sign with your spot number on it and pull in at your appointment time. If someone is already in your spot, please pull into the overflow spot to wait until your spot is available. Once you are in your spot, call the number on the sign. Please open your trunk or a window onto an empty seat where staff may place your items.