First, you’ll need a library card to access many of our services, including live homework help, online research resources, and borrowing books and other materials. Apply online for your library card (must be 13 or older).
Search the catalog for books and other materials.
Need help with specific homework questions? Brainfuse HelpNow! provides live help from a tutor, available 2-11 p.m., daily.
Need help with research? Chat with a librarian 24/7!
Research for Reports and Papers (you may need your library card number to access some of these resources):
- African-American History Online – Provides information on the people, events, and topics of African-American history.
- Biography Reference Bank – covers over 500,000 people and includes over 36,000 images.
- CQ Researcher – research critical events and controversial subjects; includes pro/con articles!
- Kids InfoBits – provides authoritative, age-appropriate, curriculum-aligned digital content covering a broad range of educational topics including Animals, Arts, Geography Literature, Social Studies, Technology, and more. With a modern design and simple navigation, Kids InfoBits makes it easy for young users to explore content and gain comfort with database searching.
- Research in Context – created specifically for middle schoolers, this database combines reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more.
- Student Edition – provides access to authoritative, reliable digital content from magazines, journals, newspapers, and reference books appropriate for middle- and high-school students and covers a wide range of subjects, including science, history, and literature.
- US History Collection – provides access to scholarly journals and magazines useful to both novice historians as well as advanced academic researchers. The database offers balanced coverage of events in U.S. history and scholarly work being established in the field.
- World History Collection – provides access to scholarly journals and magazines useful to both novice historians as well as advanced academic researchers. The database offers balanced coverage of events in world history and scholarly work being established in the field.
- Science Collection – provides access to scholarly journals and magazines covering the latest scientific developments. Key subjects covered by the database include biological sciences, computing, engineering, and technology.
- World Book Online – the #1 general encyclopedia and reference resource, plus “Research Guides” and a Science Fair section.
- Brainfuse HelpNow! – writing labs, skills building, and more available 24/7 and live tutoring 7 days a week, 2 – 11 p.m.
- LearningExpress Library – practice tests to improve scores on the SAT, AP Exams, ASVAB, and many other tests. Lessons and extra practice for your classes, too!
- Learn a new language with Mango Languages!
- Learning Express Library College Preparation Center – Register with your library card and access eBooks and practice tests for the ACT, SAT, PSAT, AP Exams, TOEFL iBT, and more. Also includes college admissions essay writing help.
- Scholarships – Fellowships and Loans – College-bound? Find ways to pay your tuition with this resource.