First, you’ll need a library card to access many of our services, including live homework help, online research resources, and borrowing books and other materials. Apply online for your library card (must be 13 or older).
Search the catalog for books and other materials.
Need help with specific homework questions? Get live help from a tutor, available 2-11 p.m., daily
Need help with research? Chat with a librarian 24/7!
Research for Reports and Papers (you may need your library card number to access some of these resources):
- African-American History Online – Provides information on the people, events, and topics of African-American history.
- Biography Reference Bank – covers over 500,000 people and includes over 36,000 images.
- CQ Researcher – research critical events and controversial subjects; includes pro/con articles!
- Explora for Primary Schools – designed specifically for elementary school students, this database provides access to popular full-text magazines for elementary school research
- Explora for Secondary Schools – makes it easy for students to research topics to find the most useful search results.
- History Reference Center – find articles and chapters from more than reference books, encyclopedias and non-fiction books, historical magazines, historical documents, biographies of historical figures, photos and maps, and historical videos.
- Literature Resource Center – A current, comprehensive, and reliable online resource for research on literary topics, authors, and their works. Coverage includes all genres and disciplines, all time periods, and all regions of the world. Content includes Literature Criticism, Biographies, Topic and Work Overviews, Reviews, News, Primary Sources, and Literary Works, images, and links to audio interviews and reviews.
- Science Reference Center – is a comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content.
- World Book Online – the #1 general encyclopedia and reference resource, plus “Research Guides” and a Science Fair section.
- Brainfuse HelpNow! – writing labs, skills building, and more available 24/7 and live tutoring 7 days a week, 2 – 11 p.m.
- LearningExpress Library – practice tests to improve scores on the SAT, AP Exams, ASVAB, and many other tests. Lessons and extra practice for your classes, too!
- Learning Express Library College Preparation Center – Register with your library card and access eBooks and practice tests for the ACT, SAT, PSAT, AP Exams, TOEFL iBT, and more. Also includes college admissions essay writing help.
- Scholarships – Fellowships and Loans – College-bound? Find ways to pay your tuition with this resource.