Computers and Printing
- All branches have a number of computers running Windows 7 or 10 with a variety of browsers and software, including Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016. All public computers shut down 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Zoomtext or Windows Magnifier Software on all public computers.
- Each branch has one workstation that provides assistive technology to citizens of Maryland protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). These workstations have electric height-adjustable tables with computers, 27 inch monitors, special keyboards, JAWS® screen reader software, MAGic® screen enlarging software, and an Optelec® CCTV that has Optical Character Reading (OCR) capabilities that will read aloud any print text. Funding for these workstations was provided through a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- Black and White and Color Laser Printers and Copier
- Black & white copies from copier or computer/printer
- 20¢ per page
- Double Sided–40¢ per double sided copy
- Color copies from copier or computer/printer
- 50¢ per page
- Double Sided–$1.00 per double sided copy
- Mobile Printing Service – Send your print job to the library from anywhere
Free WiFi is available at all libraries during open hours. WiFi turns off 10 minutes before the library closes.
Computer, Internet, and Technology Policies
- Laptops – available for checkout for in-library use at each branch
- Scanners – no charge for scanning
- Fax Machines
- $1 per page
- Fax machines are self service. After faxing, bring your transmission verification report to the front desk to pay.