Computers and Printing
- All branches have a number of computers running Windows 7 or 10 with a variety of browsers and software, including Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016. All public computers shut down 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Zoomtext or Windows Magnifier Software on all public computers.
- Each branch has one workstation that provides assistive technology to citizens of Maryland protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). These workstations have electric height-adjustable tables with computers, 27 inch monitors, special keyboards, JAWS® screen reader software, MAGic® screen enlarging software, and an Optelec® CCTV that has Optical Character Reading (OCR) capabilities that will read aloud any print text. Funding for these workstations was provided through a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS).
- Black and White and Color Laser Printers and Copier
- Black & white copies from copier or computer/printer
- 20¢ per page
- Double Sided–40¢ per double sided copy
- Color copies from copier or computer/printer
- 50¢ per page
- Double Sided–$1.00 per double sided copy
- Free Wi-Fi available during open hours. Wi-Fi turns off 10 minutes before the library closes.
- Mobile Printing Service – Send your print job to the library from anywhere
Computer, Internet, and Technology Policies
- Laptops – available for checkout for in-library use at each branch
- Scanners – no charge for scanning
- Fax Machines
- $1 per page
- Fax machines are self service. After faxing, bring your transmission verification report to the front desk to pay via cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).