If you’ve searched the library catalog, but didn’t find what you’re looking for, you can search the statewide interlibrary loan service, Marina, and request materials from other libraries in Maryland.
- You will need your library card number to access Marina.
- You are limited to placing three (3) Marina requests per business day. If you place more requests, they may be cancelled.
- You are limited to fifty (50) holds at any time on your library account. This includes local and Marina requests.
- Some items may not be loaned by libraries outside Southern Maryland. These items may include media like CDs and DVDs, entire magazine issues, reference materials, and bestsellers.
- Items received through Marina may be renewed one time if permitted by the owning library.
- If no results are found from your search of Marina, contact information staff at your branch with as much information about the title as possible. We will request the materials from a library outside Maryland if possible.
If you have any questions about Marina, please contact your branch.
If you would like to request that St. Mary’s County Library purchase an item for the collection, please submit the Suggest a Purchase form.