The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library (FOL) is an organization of persons interested in libraries who advocate for and support the library as a group and individually. The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library has raised over $532,000 and counting for St. Mary’s County Library.
Members receive FOL newsletters and early buying privileges at the Spring Book Sale before the sale opens to the public. Membership runs January through December. If you join or renew after October 1, your membership will be through December of the following year.
Click here to submit your membership form and payment online via PayPal (you do not have to have a PayPal account to pay online. You may pay with a credit or debit card).
Print the membership form and mail it to us with your check: Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library, P.O. Box 165, Leonardtown, MD 20650.
Donate books and other materials to the Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library
The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library spring book sale will take place April 13-15, 2018 at the St. Mary’s County Fairgrounds. Friends only on Friday, April 13, 12 – 8 p.m. (become a member at the door!). The sale is open to the public Saturday, April 14, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., and Sunday, April 15, 12 – 4 p.m.
Volunteers Wanted! Help is needed to set up, take down, and work the Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library Book Sale 2018. Volunteers are needed at both the Leonardtown Library and the St. Mary’s County Fairgrounds.
Dates and Times:
- Friday, April 6: 9 a.m. – Noon
Clean buildings and set up tables.
- Saturday, April 7: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Move stored books from Leonardtown Library to the fairgrounds. Volunteers needed at both locations. Vehicles, trucks and trailers needed to transport boxes to fairgrounds. Hand trucks/dollies would be greatly welcomed.
- Sunday, April 8: 9:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
Unpacking and organizing books in Children’s, Fiction, Nonfiction and Rare & Unusual.
- Monday April 9 — Thursday, April 12: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The unpacking and organizing of books continues; come for an hour or spend all day!
- Friday, April 13: 12 noon – 8 p.m., Members Only Sale.
Volunteers needed to help customers, restock, and straighten tables.
- Saturday, April 14: 10 a.m. — 5 p.m. Public Sale
Volunteers needed to help customers, restock and straighten tables.
- Sunday, April 15: 12 noon — 5 p.m. Sale open to public until 4 p.m.
Volunteers needed to help customers, restock, straighten tables, and pack up books.
- Monday, April 16: 9:30 a.m. — noon
Clean up. Sweep and clean buildings. Return tables. Return supplies to Leonardtown Library. Many people are needed to help load items into trucks and clean.
Show up, sign in at a volunteer desk, and get a name tag! Students, this DOES count as community service! For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-751-2114.
2017-2018 FOL Board
- Co-President: Trish Parkinson
- Co-President: Rebecca Vanecko
- Vice President: Becky Benton
- Secretary: Lynn Williamson
- Treasurer: Bob Parkinson
- Board Members:
- Jill Ashenfelter, Newsletter Editor
- Jon Baake, Finance Committee
- Carole Barlow, Book Sales
- Ann Barnes
- Laura Boonchaisri, Library Representative
- Sue Gibbs
- Louise Snell
- Lloyd Timberlake, Membership Chair