Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library is an organization of persons interested in libraries who advocate for and support the library as a group and individually. Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library has raised over $644,000 and counting for St. Mary’s County Library. They hold an annual book sale at the St. Mary’s County Fairgrounds every Spring, an annual brunch in Winter, and an annual dinner in May.
The Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library has opened an online shop where you can browse, order, and purchase items! All sales are PICK-UP ONLY behind the old Leonardtown Library at 23250 Hollywood Rd. in Leonardtown. Find all the details on their shop! Questions? Call (240-561-9828) or email (email@example.com) the sorting room!
Members receive FOL newsletters and early buying privileges at the Spring Book Sale before the sale opens to the public. Membership runs January through December. If you join or renew after October 1, your membership will be through December of the following year.
Donate books and other materials to Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library
Current FOL Board
- President: Rebecca Vanecko
- Vice President: Lloyd Timberlake
- Secretary: Ellynne Brice Davis
- Treasurer and Finance Chair: Louie Pectol
- Membership Chair: Jon Baake
- Webmaster: David McGowan
- Newsletter Editor & Children’s Building Chair/Sales: Jill Ashenfelter
- Sorting Room Chair: Amy Mackay
- Library Representative: Michael Blackwell
- Other Board Members:
- Laura Boonchaisri
- Carolyn Guy
- Fred Millhiser
- Trish Parkinson
- Mary Rossi