- One book per day for two years
- Weekly library storytime from birth to age five
- Two bedtime books each night for one year
Sign Up Today!
Track your child’s progress online, on the app, or ask at your Library for a 500 by Five paper log.
On a web browser/computer visit Beanstack. If you remember your sign in information from summer reading, click ‘Sign in.’ If you DO NOT have an account from summer reading:
- Click on ‘Register an Individual or Family’
- Select ‘I am an adult registering a child’
- Enter YOUR information under ‘Adult Information’
- Enter YOUR CHILD’s information under ‘Reader’s Information’
- For children not yet in school, select ‘None (or prefer not to say)’
- Select ‘register’ for the 500 By Five program
To use the Beanstack App, you must first create your account in a web browser. Accounts cannot be created in the app.
- Download ‘Beanstack Tracker’
- Search for your Library: ‘St. Mary’s County Library’
- Sign in using the account information you created on the website
- To log books you have read:
- Make sure you are logging for the correct reader (the name is in the top left)
- Tap the + in the upper right corner
- Tap ‘Add to Archive’
- Either ‘Scan Title ISBN’ (barcode on the BACK of the book) or ‘Enter Title Info’
- Enter the date (near the bottom of the screen)
- Tap ‘Save’
- Tap the back arrow on the upper left to get back home or to log another book
Visit the library after each 100 books to earn a small prize. Visit after 500 books to earn a free book to keep and a special crown!