- One book per day for two years
- Weekly library storytime from birth to age five
- Two bedtime books each night for one year
Sign Up Today!
Track your child’s progress online, on the app, or ask at your Library for a 500 by Five paper log.
Use Beanstack to Register and Log your Books
- Download ‘Beanstack Tracker’ from your device’s app store, or visit https://stmalib.beanstack.org. If you’re using the Beanstack app, search for St. Mary’s County Library.
- If you have used Beanstack for summer reading or another library program, enter your username/email and password. If you do not already have an account, you’ll need to create one.
- After entering your information to create the account, complete the reader profile. If you are an adult registering a child, enter your information first (you can participate in our winter and summer reading programs!)
- If you’d like to sign up one or more additional readers, select “Add Another Reader” and enter your child’s information
- For children not yet in school, select ‘None (or prefer not to say)’
- To log books you have read:
- In the Beanstack App:
- Tap the plus sign in the menu at the bottom of the screen
- Choose the reader or readers
- Choose your logging method. You can ‘Scan Title ISBN’ (barcode on the BACK of the book), ‘Manual ISBN’ (barcode on the BACK of the book), or ‘Enter Title Info’
- Deselect the ‘Track Progress?’ button and tap ‘Save’
- Select ‘Quick Log as Complete’
- On the Beanstack website:
- Make sure you are logging for the correct reader (the name is in the top right)
- Click ‘Log Reading and Activities’ in the upper left
- Select ‘Books,’ then select the date and input the title and author before clicking ‘Save’
Visit the library after each 100 books to earn a small prize. Visit after 500 books to earn a free book to keep and a special crown!