Mobile Library and Outreach Services
St. Mary’s County Library’s Mobile Library provides materials for browsing, hosts programs, delivers holds, and makes available most of the services customers enjoy at our brick and mortar libraries. The Library can also attend neighborhood and community events to showcase innovative Library resources, demonstrate engaging activities, and more.
Mobile Library Services
Community Mobile Library Stop – A 60-120 minute visit from the Mobile Library open to the entire community.
- Sign up for a Library card
- Browse a current collection of books and movies for people of all ages
- Pick up Library holds (select St. Mary’s County – Mobile Library as your pickup location)
- Speak with a librarian for recommendations and reference services
- Use our public computer and free public WiFi
- Return library materials
- Manage your account (any payments must be handled at a physical branch)
Child Care Centers
A 30-90 minute visit from the Mobile Library for use by the students and teachers at the hosting Child Care Center.
A 30-90 minute visit from the Mobile Library for use by senior residents or community members.
One-Time Visits or Community Events
Special events are evaluated based on connection to the Library mission, availability, visibility and suitability of the site for the Mobile Library. If the Mobile Library is unable to attend, Library staff may be available for an information table or brief presentation. Non-profits, community agencies, or organizations are welcome to submit the One-Time Visit Request Form.