Mango Languages courses are offered in 71 languages, and include specialty courses focused on specific subjects.
Use Mango Languages on a PC or Mac:
- Click Mango Languages.
- You can try Mango as a guest, but to save your progress, create a profile with your email address, a password, and your St. Mary’s County Library card number.
- Once you’ve logged in, choose the language you want to start to learning. Flash must be enabled on your computer in order to use Mango Languages.
You can use the Mango Languages app for Android or iOS using the same instructions as above.
Rosetta Stone courses are offered in 30 languages, including English, and all levels of Rosetta Stone courses are offered. Library cardholders can access Rosetta Stone through any computer with speakers and a microphone, or from a mobile device .
Use Rosetta Stone on a PC or Mac:
- Click Rosetta Stone Library Solution.
- On the EBSCO page, click Rosetta Stone Library Solution. If you are accessing Rosetta Stone outside the library, you will be prompted to enter your St. Mary’s County Library card number.
- Once on the Rosetta Stone page, enter your email address and password. If this is your first time using Rosetta Stone you need to enter a password that is at least 6 letters plus at least one number. Then choose the language you would like to start learning. Click Sign In.
- Click Launch Rosetta Stone Language Lessons. A new window will launch. You will need to select your language and level. You must select the same language you selected at login.
Use the Rosetta Stone app for Android or iOS:
- Download the Learn Languages: Rosetta Stone app for your device.
- DO NOT launch the app once installed. Open a web browser.
- Follow the instructions above to login to Rosetta Stone.
- Click Launch Rosetta Stone Language Lessons. The app will launch and you may begin learning.
- NOTE: You must always begin by logging in to Rosetta Stone in a web browser, then launching the app.
NOTE: If you decide that you want to switch to learning a new language, you must first log out of Rosetta Stone and then log back in (in the browser) and choose a new language