The purpose of the study rooms is to provide Library customers with a quiet space for studying, reading, small group discussions, tutoring, and other related activities. They are made available regardless of the beliefs and affiliations of the users. Granting of permission to use Library facilities does not constitute an endorsement of the users or their beliefs.
All policies of the St. Mary’s County Library hold true in the study rooms.
Occupancy of a study room is not to exceed 10 persons.
The following conditions apply to study room reservations:
- Reservations may be made up to two days before the day the customer wishes to use the room.
- All reservations are done from the Library’s website. Customers are responsible for making their own reservations. Library staff can instruct customers on how to use the reservation system.
- Individuals and groups of two or more people can reserve a study room for a maximum of three hours per day under one of the group members’ names. These rooms are a shared community resource. As such they must be made available to as many customers as possible.
- Customers more than 10 minutes late will forfeit their reservations unless they call the library.
- Customers must vacate the study rooms 15 minutes prior to the Library’s closing time.
- Customers who book, but do not use the study rooms, are requested to give notice as soon as possible, but no less than two hours in advance of the reservation start time. Individuals or groups who repeatedly fail to do so will have their privileges revoked.
The Library is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
Any use of the rooms which disturbs Library customers or operations is prohibited.
The Library reserves the right to reserve the study rooms for library purposes. A Library reservation supersedes any other use of the study rooms.
The Library reserves the right to evict or move any person(s) from the study rooms if the person(s) violates the rules or is not using the study room as intended, and that person(s) may be prohibited from further reservations.