POSITION: Youth Services Intern, 21 hours per week for 10 weeks
CLOSING DATE: May 17, 2019
LOCATION: One intern at each Library branch
START DATE: June 10, 2019
SALARY: $10.10 per hour
- Assists children and teens in using Library resources
- Assists with storytimes
- Develops early learning activities and hand-outs
- Assists with Summer Reading Program activities
- 18 years or older, with an interest in careers that involve Early Childhood and Early Literacy
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to work with youth of all ages, especially young children
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good physical strength and stamina: Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking of 75%+ of the time
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
These positions are funded by the Lindsay Paul Rudolph Donation Fund and the Friends of the St. Mary’s County Library.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.