POSITION: Children’s Librarian Assistant, 21 hours per week for 8 weeks
CLOSING DATE: May 11, 2018
LOCATION: Charlotte Hall, Leonardtown, and Lexington Park branches
HOURS: Weekdays, some evenings, and Saturdays
START DATE: June 4, 2018
SALARY: $9.25 per hour
- Ability to work with young children
- 18 years or older, with an interest in careers that involve Early Childhood and Early Literacy
- Knowledge of alphabetical order and decimal system order
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow oral instructions and simple written instructions
- Good physical strength and stamina: Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking of 75%+ of the time
- Work with young children in the library and during programs
- Assist librarians during story-times and programs
- Develop early literacy activities and hand-outs
- May retrieve materials for staff and customers
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.