POSITION: Librarian I – Children’s Services, Two positions: Part-Time 21 hours/week; Full-Time 35.5 hours/week
JOB CLOSES: 11:59 p.m. on November 4, 2020
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
HOURS: Both positions include days, 1-2 evenings, rotating Saturdays, and Sundays depending on branch needs
SALARY: Grade 4, Part Time: $20.00 per hour; Full Time: $36,916 per year
BENEFITS: Both Positions: State Retirement 7% Contribution, AFLAC, 457B Plan; Part Time Position: 42 hours PTO; Full Time Position: Health, Life, LTD Insurance, 15 Sick Days, 10 Vacation Days
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years or more of customer service experience or equivalent training, education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- General interest in reading and literature, and an awareness of trends in popular culture as well as current news events as they relate to customer interests and needs.
- Ability to learn St. Mary’s County Library policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audio-visual equipment, and office machines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand.
- Experience with mentoring, teaching, partnerships, outreach, building relationships with youth, and/or youth and community engagement are preferred.
- Assists customers in finding answers to a broad range of questions using Library resources and databases.
- Guides customers in selecting appropriate materials for reading/viewing/listening.
- Assists customers with technology-related questions and issues.
- Plans and presents Library-related programs, events, classes, and tours.
- Participates in the Library Associate Training Institute or attends Library and Information Science classes.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects, as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.