POSITION: Full-Time Assistant Branch Manager for Customer Service
CLOSING DATE: 11:59 p.m. on August 13, 2020
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
START DATE: September 14, 2020
HOURS: 35.5 hours/week; days, 1-2 evenings, rotating Saturdays, and Sundays depending on branch needs
SALARY/BENEFITS: $44,262 per year; 12 Holidays; 3 Floating Holidays, 21 hrs Personal; 72 hrs vacation; 54 hrs sick leave per year; Health, Life & Long Term Disability Ins; AFLAC; 457B Plan; 7% Mandatory Pension Contribution
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Five years or more of customer service experience or equivalent training, education and/or experience. Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Basic knowledge of public library principles.
- General interest in reading and literature, and an awareness of trends in popular culture as well as current news events as they relate to customer interests and needs.
- Knowledge of supervisory methods including work delegation, scheduling, evaluating performance and maintaining morale.
- Ability to effectively and positively resolve customer complaints, mediate disputes and exercise diplomacy.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audiovisual equipment, and office machines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with emphasis on team building, conflict management and resolution, mentorship, empathy and emotional intelligence, and support and empowerment of staff.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally.
- Good physical strength and stamina: Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking of 75%+ of the time.
- Oversees circulation services and supervises staff to ensure friendly, high quality customer service is provided to Library customers.
- Assists with overall branch management and oversees branch activities and personnel in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Receives and controls cash receipts, set up cash drawer, and make deposits.
- Resolves complex customer concerns about fines or damaged items, Unique Management accounts, Library policies, procedures and rules.
- Performs circulation procedures, such as checking materials in and out, checking hold lists, conducting financial transactions, and answering the phone.
- Demonstrates initiative by being a self-starter, rethinking processes, and effectively solving problems.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects, as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.