POSITION: Assistant Branch Manager I – Youth Services, Full-Time
CLOSING DATE: 11:59 p.m. on June 29
LOCATION: Charlotte Hall Library
HOURS: Thursday 12 – 8 p.m.; Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., rotating Saturdays
SALARY: Grade 6, $43,824 per year
BENEFITS: 7% Mandatory Pension Contribution; Health, Life & Long Term Disability Insurance; Vacation, Personal & Sick leave; 457 Plan; Aflac Insurance; Credit Union Membership
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Library Associate Certification from the Maryland State Library (achieved within two years of hire).
- Five years or more of library customer service experience or equivalent training, education and/or experience. Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- General interest in reading and literature, and an awareness of trends in popular culture as well as current news events as they relate to customer interests and needs.
- Knowledge of supervisory methods, including work delegation, scheduling, evaluating performance and maintaining morale.
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens.
- Ability to effectively and positively resolve customer complaints, mediate disputes and exercise diplomacy.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audiovisual equipment, and office machines.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with emphasis on team building, conflict management and resolution, mentorship, empathy and emotional intelligence, and support and empowerment of staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand.
- Supervises the daily operations of youth services including scheduling staff
- Provides guidance for staff in resolving complex customer interactions
- Takes a leadership role in fulfilling the goals and objectives of the Library
- Assists customers in finding answers to a broad range of questions using Library resources and databases
- Assists customers with technology-related questions and issues
- Plans and presents Library-related programs, events, classes and tours
- Special projects as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.