POSITION: Branch Manager I – Full-Time
CLOSING DATE: 11:59 p.m. on July 9
LOCATION: Charlotte Hall Library
HOURS: Monday-Friday, 9 – 5; Evenings, Saturday rotation.
SALARY: Grade 9, $55,592 per year
BENEFITS: 33 Annual; 15 Sick; 3 Personal Leave days/year; 12 Holidays, 3 Floating Holidays; 7% required State Pension Contribution; 457B; Flexible Spending; Health, Vision, RX, Dental, Life & LTD Insurance
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association or commensurate degree and experience.
- Library Associate Training Institute Certification from Maryland State Library or Maryland Professional Public Librarian Certification obtained within 2 years of hire.
- Five years or more of library customer service experience or equivalent training, education and/or experience. Three or more years of supervisory experience.
- Awareness of trends in public libraries as well as current news events as they relate to customer interests and needs
- Knowledge of supervisory methods, including work delegation, scheduling, evaluating performance and maintaining morale.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens.
- Ability to effectively and positively resolve customer complaints, mediate disputes and exercise diplomacy.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audiovisual equipment, and office machines.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with emphasis on team building, conflict management and resolution, mentorship, empathy and emotional intelligence, and support and empowerment of staff.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand.
- Supervises the daily operations of branch services including scheduling staff
- Oversees Customer Service, Information Service, and Youth Service departments, including programming, outreach, collection management, and community development and partnerships
- Manages the facility ensuring the building and grounds are in good, safe condition
- Manages budgets, including part-time staffing, petty cash, materials collection, and furniture and equipment
- Provides guidance for staff in resolving complex customer interactions
- Takes a leadership role in fulfilling the goals and objectives of the Library
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.