POSITION: Library Assistant I, Full-Time
CLOSING DATE: February 7, 2019
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
START DATE: March 18, 2019
HOURS: Monday 12-8, Tuesday-Friday 9-5, rotating Saturdays
SALARY: Grade 1, $27,672 per year
BENEFITS: Enrollment in MD State Retirement System; Health, Life, & AFLAC Insurance; 10 Annual, 15 Sick, & 3 Personal Days Leave; 12 Holidays; Credit Union; Direct Deposit; 457 Plan
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Six (6) months or more of customer service experience.
- Ability to learn St. Mary’s County Library policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens.
- Ability to learn to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audio-visual equipment, and office machines.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand.
- Performs circulation procedures, such as checking materials in and out, checking hold lists, conducting financial transactions, answering the phone.
- Greets customers and provides directions or refers them to appropriate staff members if needed.
- Spends time on the Library floor assisting customers at their point of need, merchandising, and monitoring the Library to maintain a safe space.
- Assists customers with basic information and reader’s advisory questions; basic computer, eBook, email, and internet questions; self-checkout machine, copier, fax machine, and printer; use of library resources and databases; information on library activities, facilities, and services.
- Special projects as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.