POSITION: Library Associate I – Youth Services, 35.5 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: October 9, 2018
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
START DATE: November 13, 2018
HOURS: Mon – Tues 9-5, Wed 12-8, Thurs 9-5, rotating Fri/Sat 9-5, other based on library needs
SALARY: Grade 4, $36,182.00 per year, enrollment in MD State Retirement System
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years or more of related experience desirable.
- Basic knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and database information retrieval.
- Basic knowledge of relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, current audiovisual equipment, and office machines.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of St. Mary’s County Library policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to act as a representative of the library to the public.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of the principles and practices of information, collection, programming and outreach services.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and databases.
- Ability to develop, promote and present programs and classes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Provides information, programming, outreach, collection development, and circulation services to customers of all ages, specializing in youth (birth to 17).
- Serve as youth services librarian within the youth services department and focus on children’s collection maintenance, children’s programming, and children’s outreach as well as assisting customers at service desks.
- Special projects as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of i