POSITION: Security Associate I, Full-Time
CLOSING DATE: March 21, 2019
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
START DATE: March 29, 2019
HOURS: 35.5 hours per week including days, nights, Saturdays, and Sundays
SALARY: Grade 1, $25,899 per year
BENEFITS: Health, Life, Dental, Long Term Disability, Vision, AFLAC & Prescription Insurance; 457 Plans; Direct Deposit; 10 days vacation; 15 sick days; 3 personal days, 12 holidays & 3 floating holidays.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One or more years of security related experience is preferred.
- Ability to learn St. Mary’s County Library policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audio-visual equipment, and office machines.
- Ability to learn security camera software specific to the Library.
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand.
- Travel throughout the system and community, work a variety of schedules that include evenings and weekends, and accept system-wide transfers.
- Performs a variety of activities to ensure the safety and security of staff and the public under the direction of the Branch Manager.
- Greets customers and provides directions or refers them to appropriate staff members if needed.
- Monitors customer behavior and enforces Library rules.
- Assists staff and customers in situations relating to safety and security.
- Conducts inside and outside patrol checks on a regular basis.
- Writes security reports.
- Functions as liaison to police and court system.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects, as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.