POSITION: Circulation Assistant I, Part-time 21 hours a week
CLOSING DATE: April 7, 2018
LOCATION: Leonardtown Library
HOURS: Monday 9-12, Wednesday 9-5, Thursday 12-8, Friday 1-5, Saturday Rotation
SALARY: $14.99 per hour, enrollment in MD State Retirement System
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Six (6) months or more of customer service experience.
- Basic knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and database information retrieval.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of St. Mary’s County Library policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to act as a representative of the library to the public.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of the principles and practices of the Circulation Department.
- Ability to learn to operate relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, and office and retail equipment.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Excellent math and language skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good physical strength and stamina: Work requires physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking of 90%+ of the time.
- Performs circulation desk procedures; such as, checking materials in and out, check hold lists, conduct financial transactions, answers the phone.
- Special projects as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.