POSITION: Librarian I, Part-Time
CLOSING DATE: January 3, 2020 (position closes at 11:59 p.m. on 1/2/2020)
LOCATION: Leonardtown Library
HOURS: 28 hours per week, including every Saturday and at least one evening shift per week
SALARY: Grade 4, $19.80 per hour
BENEFITS: 7% mandatory State Pension contribution; 56 hours paid time off; Direct deposit; AFLAC; 457 plans; Credit Union
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years or more of customer service experience or equivalent training, education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- General interest in reading and literature, and an awareness of trends in popular culture as well as current news events as they relate to customer interests and needs.
- Ability to learn St. Mary’s County Library policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audio-visual equipment, and office machines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand.
- Assists customers in finding answers to a broad range of questions using Library resources and databases.
- Guides customers in selecting appropriate materials for reading/viewing/listening.
- Assists customers with technology-related questions and issues.
- Plans and presents Library-related programs, events, classes, and tours.
- Participates in the Library Associate Training Institute or attends Library and Information Science classes.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects, as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.