POSITION: Librarian I – Teen Services, Part-Time
CLOSING DATE: April 8, 2020 (position closes at 11:59 p.m. on April 7, 2020)
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
START DATE: April 14, 2020
HOURS: 21 hours per week, Tuesday 12-8, Thursday 12-8, Friday 9-5, Saturday rotation
SALARY: Grade 4, $19.80 per hour
BENEFITS: 7% mandatory State Pension contribution; 42 hours paid time off; Direct deposit; AFLAC; 457 plans; Credit Union
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years or more of customer service experience or equivalent training, education and/or experience.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- General interest in reading and literature, and an awareness of trends in popular culture as well as current news events as they relate to customer interests and needs.
- Ability to learn St. Mary’s County Library policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens.
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audio-visual equipment, and office machines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand.
- This position will serve as teen services librarian within the youth services department and will focus on teen collection maintenance, teen programming, and teen outreach as well as children’s programming and assisting customers at service desks.
- Assists customers in finding answers to a broad range of questions using Library resources and databases.
- Guides customers in selecting appropriate materials for reading/viewing/listening.
- Assists customers with technology-related questions and issues.
- Plans and presents Library-related programs, events, classes, and tours.
- Participates in the Library Associate Training Institute or attends Library and Information Science classes.
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects, as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.