POSITION: Library Associate I – Teen Services, 21 hours per week
CLOSING DATE: June 6, 2018
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
START DATE: July 23, 2018
HOURS: Tuesday 9-5, Thursday 12-8, Friday/rotating Saturday 9-5
SALARY: Grade 4, $19.60 per hour, enrollment in MD State Retirement System
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Two years or more of related experience desirable.
- Basic knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and database information retrieval.
- Basic knowledge of relevant computer systems, including hardware and software, current audiovisual equipment, and office machines. Ability to gain working knowledge of St. Mary’s County Library policies, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to act as a representative of the library to the public.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of the principles and practices of information, collection, programming and outreach services.
- Ability to gain working knowledge of electronic resources, including the Internet and databases.
- Ability to develop, promote and present programs and classes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Providing information, programming, outreach, collection development, and circulation services to customers of all ages, specializing in youth (birth to 17). This position will serve as teen services librarian within the youth services department and will focus on teen collection maintenance, teen programming, and teen outreach as well as children’s programming and assisting customers at service desks.
- Special projects as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY:
See full job description and apply online now.
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.