Job closes 11:59 PM on October 16, 2022
POSITION: Mobile Library Outreach Coordinator, Full-time
LOCATION: Administration - Leonardtown Library
HOURS: TBD, Evenings, Saturdays
SALARY: $53,478.62/Annual Salary, Grade 8, Step 1
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick & Personal Days off; Mandatory State Retirement Plan; Life & LTD Insurance; Optional: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance; 457 Plan, Credit Union, Aflac
- Master's Degree in Library Science from an institution accredited by the American Library Association or equivalent education and experience
- Eligibility to obtain professional library certification from the Maryland State Department of Education
- Valid Maryland Drivers License (No Commercial Drivers’ License required)
- Knowledge of modern principles and techniques of library science and management.
- Some knowledge of pre-school childhood development as it relates to reading readiness and related library programming; knowledge of early childhood literacy teaching skills
- Knowledge of community needs and characteristics within the System's service area (may be developed over time)
- Knowledge and skills necessary to oversee, guide, and evaluate the work of staff in realizing broad system objectives related to programming and outreach.
- Excellent management, communication, planning, analytical, and creative skills
- Excellent writing, editing, and public speaking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with emphasis on team building, conflict management and resolution, mentorship, empathy and emotional intelligence, and support and empowerment of staff
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand
- Under the direction of the Director and as a member of the Management team, ensures a high quality, innovative experience for customers by providing circulation and programming services through the St. Mary’s County Mobile Library.
- Oversees operations of the Mobile Library, including identifying community outreach stop locations and partners, including day cares, senior facilities, and other appropriate community entities
- Plans and coordinates System Outreach efforts to targeted communities and promotes library services to underserved communities; researches and recommends outreach initiatives to new clients as needs emerge
- Conducts library programming as appropriate; responds to customer concerns about Mobile Library programming and collection
- Supervises one employee; instructs and guides in SMCL objectives, policies and procedures in accordance with its vision/mission and goals
- Drive a 26’ long Mobile Library safely and responsibly
HOW TO APPLY:
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.