Job closes 11:59 PM on January 20, 2023
POSITION: Security Associate I, Part-time
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
HOURS: 26 hours/week: Monday 9-1, Tuesday 1-6, Wednesday 9-5, Thursday 1-6, Friday 12-5, every third Saturday
SALARY: $16.27/hour; Grade SP1, Step 4
BENEFITS: 52 hours paid Personal Time Off per year; Direct Deposit; Optional: AFLAC
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One or more years of security related experience is preferred
- Ability to learn St. Mary’s County Library policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audio-visual equipment, and office machines
- Ability to learn security camera software specific to the Library
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand
- Greets and welcomes customers and provides directions and/or refers them to appropriate staff members
- Monitors customer behavior and enforces Library rules
- Assists staff and customers in situations relating to safety and security
- Writes security reports
- Functions as liaison to police and court system
HOW TO APPLY:
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.