Job closes 11:59 PM on January 19, 2023
POSITION: Page, Part-time
LOCATION: Lexington Park Library
HOURS: 12 hours/week ; Tuesday & Thursday 1 - 5pm OR 4 - 8pm, and Friday 1-5 pm
BENEFITS: 35 hours PTO
- Some high school education. Must be 16 years old or older.
- Ability to learn St. Mary’s County Library policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand
- Work requires light physical effort in the handling of materials or boxes in non-strenuous work positions up to 30 pounds and/or continual standing or walking of 75% + of the time
- Work permit is required for all minors under the age of 18 to work in the State of Maryland
- Sorts and shelves Library materials and maintains shelf order
- Restocks displays and straightens shelves
- Pulls damaged and worn materials from shelves
- Greets customers and provides directions or refers them to appropriate staff members for customer service
HOW TO APPLY:
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.