Job closes 11:59 PM on March 31, 2023
POSITION: Library Assistant II and Tech Support, Full-time
LOCATION: Charlotte Hall Library
HOURS: 35 hours per week, one evening shift, every Saturday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
BENEFITS: Vacation, Sick & Personal Days off; Mandatory State Retirement Plan; Life & LTD Insurance; Optional: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance; 457 Plan, Credit Union, Aflac
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two or more years of customer service experience
- General interest in reading and literature, and an awareness of trends in popular culture as well as current news events as they relate to customer interests and needs
- Knowledge of St. Mary’s County Library policies and procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, Library trustees, local government elected and appointed officials, community leaders, vendors, and citizens
- Ability to operate relevant computer systems (including hardware and software), current audio-visual equipment, and office machines
- Excellent communication skills, both in writing and orally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills with emphasis on personal responsibility and willingness to deal with issues at hand
- Provides friendly, high quality customer service to Library customers under the direction of the Assistant Branch Manager, Customer Service.
- Performs a variety of technology related duties, such as assisting staff and customers with computer questions, troubleshooting computer hardware and software, and maintaining the network.
- Performs circulation procedures, such as checking materials in and out, checking hold lists, conducting financial transactions, answering the phone
- Greets customers and provides directions or refers them to appropriate staff members if needed
- Provides technology instruction one-on-one or within a classroom
- Assists customers with: Basic information and reader’s advisory questions; Basic computer, eBook, email, and internet questions; Self-checkout machine, copier, fax machine, and printer; Use of Library resources and databases; Information on Library activities, facilities, and services
- Resolves basic customer concerns about fines or damaged items, Library policies,
- Performs other duties and participates in special projects, as assigned
HOW TO APPLY:
St. Mary’s County Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Law requires all applicants to show proof of identity and right to work in U.S.