Cricuts in the Makerspace at Leonardtown Library
The Makerspace at Leonardtown Library has two Cricut Makers available for use during Makerspace open hours. We also have a Cricut Heat Press for transferring heat transfer vinyl to fabric. Cricut users must undergo a brief training before their first time using the machine. Please see a Library staff member in the Makerspace for details.
There is no cost to use the Cricut Maker machine; however, you must provide your own supplies. Learn more about which materials can be used from this material list.
What You’ll Need
- Your login information for your own Cricut Design Space account.
- A design created using Cricut Design Space. Design your own or purchase pre-made designs from Cricut.
- If you have purchased specific fonts on your own, please bring a laptop with the fonts installed. You will not be able to access purchased fonts on the Makerspace laptops.
- Any material needed to create your design: vinyl, HTV, cardstock, transfer tape, etc.
- We have cutting mats and various blades available for use or you may bring your own Cricut brand mat/tools.
Tutorials and Resources
- Beginner’s Guide to Cricut
- Official Cricut Youtube Channel
- Getting Started with Cricut Maker Playlist
- About Cricut Design Space
Overview of Design Space, project tutorials, manuals and handouts, and more
- Changes to Design Space (2022)
- Using the Cricut Press
- Cricut Blog
Thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists. Access is free with your Library card. Search for “Cricut” after logging in to see Cricut projects.