Getting Ready for College
LearningExpress Library College Preparation Center
Register with your library card and access eBooks and practice tests for the ACT, SAT, PSAT, AP Exams, TOEFL iBT, and more. Also includes college admissions essay writing help.
Brainfuse HelpNow Writing Lab
Register with your library card and online tutors can help you craft the perfect admission essay.
Freshman Year for Free
Take tuition-free, high quality courses from top institutions for potential college credit.
Scholarship/Financial Aid Information
- Scholarships- Fellowships and Loans eBook (Requires library card number)
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE
- St. Mary’s County Business, Education, and Community Alliance, Inc. – Apply for numerous local scholarships with just one application.
- Financial Aid
- Student Aid
- Maryland Higher Education Commission
- College Board- Pay for College
- Petersons College Scholarship Search
- Eastern Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators: Students & Families
- Annual College Fair- Held every September at the Hollywood Fire Department, this event provides information on colleges throughout the US, as well as scholarship information.
How to Become an Apprentice
If you are willing to commit to a hands-on training program and are excited about starting a new career in the skilled trades, then an apprenticeship may be the right opportunity for you.
Your pathway to career success. Tools to help job seekers, students, businesses, and career professionals. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
Maryland One Stop Career Center – Southern Maryland Job Source
This local government office is for all your employment needs providing free access to copiers, faxes, phones, computers, videos, books, workshops, and resume writing assistance for job search needs.
Maryland Workforce Exchange
Enables you to create and maintain your resume, search current job openings, and benefit from other career resources.
Choose a job you’ve had and explore careers requiring similar skills.
My Next Move
Find careers through keyword search; by browsing industries that employ different types of workers; or through the O*NET Interest Profiler, a tool that offers personalized career suggestions based on your interests and level of work experience.
Detailed descriptions of the world of work for use by job seekers, workforce development and HR professionals, students, researchers, and more.
Occupational Outlook Handbook
Information about hundreds of different types of jobs and careers.