Even if you can’t vote until you turn 18, you can prepare to become a confident, informed voter!
What can you do before you turn 18?
- Familiarize yourself with the process and encourage your friends and family to register to vote.
- Explore the information provided on the St. Mary’s County Board of Elections Office website.
- Know where to get unbiased information about elections, elected officials, policy issues, and more.
- Ballotpedia.org covers local, state and federal politics. Content includes neutral, accurate, and verifiable information on government officials and the offices they hold, political issues and public policy, elections, candidates, and the influencers of politics.
- Factcheck.org is a nonpartisan, nonprofit “consumer advocate” for voters that aims to reduce the level of deception and confusion in U.S. politics.
- Opensecrets.org is a website of the Center for Responsive Politics, a nonpartisan, independent and nonprofit research group tracking money in U.S. politics and its effect on elections and public policy.
- Votesmart.org provides free, factual, unbiased information on candidates and elected officials.